Steinway Artist – 1982
Billboard Women in Music Nominee
Twitterrati – 140 Characters to Follow – Billboard.Biz
The Bloom Effect
The Bloom Effect, founded in 2007, is a unique, full service boutique that specializes in branding for artists, personalities, music labels and lifestyle companies. The firm offers its clients a wealth of insight/knowledge and expertise as well as the benefits of a huge rolodex of premium, global contacts – everything it takes to make sure a brand or project is recognized or discovered by the right people. As well as handling branding, publicity, digital marketing, A&R consulting and promotion services, The Bloom Effect produces a range of events, parties and live shows. Having produced over 2000 music showcases and consulted on hundreds of album projects, the company has played a significant role in the careers of over 300 artists. Renowned for having its finger on the pulse and always being ahead of the curve, The Bloom Effect understands and appreciates raw, real and innovative talent without compromise. No matter how large or small your needs (consulting, PR, social media strategy, listening parties, overseas direction) — The Bloom Effect is at your service.
Creating The Buzz, Spreading The Bloom.
World Citizen : Connector
Prior to running her own business, Fiona has overseen many careers including
her time at EMI Records where she ran marketing campaigns for Digable
Planets, Gang Starr, Shara Nelson, The Solsonics, Eternal and others.
marketed Blackalicious, MF Doom, C-Rayz Walz, Skeme Team and more.
At the parent company Zero Hour Records, she spearheaded the publicity department and ran campaigns for The Notwist, Varnarline, Swervedriver, Space Needle, Steve Wynn, John Wesley Harding, Threadwaxing Space, just to name a few.
As talent booker for Joe’s Pub, she developed the highly popular Late Night Series, then went on to run the International Department at TVT Records.
She also showcased and gave NY debuts to some of the hottest indie acts on
the scene including Slum Village, Saian Supa Crew, Spank Rock, TTC, Loop
Troop, Eternia, Timbuktu, Zion I, Atmosphere, Aloe Blacc, Swollen Members, Dub Inc, etc.
Prior to her Record Industry work she was a radio personality in Atlanta
with a widely popular urban show on WRFG 89.3FM, a party promoter, freelance
publicist and a voice-over talent.
And before that: A Concert Pianist in England where she grew up!
Album Campaigns, Tour Press, Product Launches, Festival Bookings, Incidental Bookings, Video Promotion, Social Media Training, International Consulting, Branding and Retail Marketing.
- Publicity – Print, broadcast, syndicated radio and web.
- Digital – Social media, blog, fan engagement and mobile promotion.
- Social Media Training – One on one’s and group consultations with the various platforms/social networks.
- Retail Marketing – Mom and Pop servicing, tracking, meet and greet set up, in-stores and CD signings.
- Branding – Key brands identified and pitched for endorsements, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Booking – Tours, album release parties, video premieres, pitching concert production companies and talent buyers/ agents.
- International Marketing – Liaise with partners around the world- secure territory licensing and distribution deals + overseas appearances, bookings and branding opportunities.